|“||Bask in the glory of what our master has created. Admire its beauty, but know that the samurai is out there leaving a wake of devastation wherever he goes. That's why, my sweet Ashi, the Daughters of Aku must stay focused. Never relent, always attack. Teach this one a lesson!||”|
—The High Priestess to Ashi, Episode XCII
Ashi and all of the members of the Daughters of Aku shared the same appearance. All of them have big eyes and wear a black suit. When undercover, they usually wear a mask to conceal their own identities.
The only difference between Ashi and all members of Daughters of Aku is that all of them have different hairstyles. Ashi's hair is combed up to a single point.
Ashi seemed to possess a curiosity about the world when she was younger. She was clever enough to go after the archer first in her final test, making the task much easier.
Ashi and her six sisters were birthed from The High Priestess, leader of an all female cult of Aku, and raised as assassins by them to do what no other fighter could do: destroy Samurai Jack. They were put through the most brutal of training through their lives, designed to sculpt them into the ultimate warriors. During her training as a child, Ashi found an opening to gaze upon the outside world. The High Preistess told her that the world was a creation of their master, Aku, and that it was under threat so long as Jack lived to Aku's rule. She was then thrown back to train and received punishment. When their training was complete, they donned the masks and head coverings, and set out to fulfill their mission.
Powers and Abilities
- Skilled Archer: Ashi has shown to have excellent skills in archery. She is capable to taking care of multiple opponents with the bow while climbing.
- Skilled Melee Fighter: Ashi and her sisters have become more skilled at close quarters combat than their trainers.
- Peak Human Conditioning: Like Jack, who spent the majority of his life preparing to face Aku, Ashi has spent the most of her life preparing to fight Jack and has honed her body to the absolute limit of human potential.
- Peak Human Resilience: Ashi has been beaten endlessly throughout her training, hardening her as a warrior.
- Peak Human Senses: Ashi and her sisters were trained to be able to react to dangers, such as archer fire, by instinct.
- Peak Human Speed: Ashi is shown to be swift. She is capable dodging arrows while climbing a structure and grabbing one of the fired arrows out the air. She and her sisters are capable of dodging bullets.
- Willpower: Ashi seems to possess a strong will to correct her mistakes and help her persevere through hardships. This made her into a powerful and cold assassin. As described by her mother towards her and her sisters, "Aku's fire stirs through all of you."
- Ashi can be seen as an antithesis to Jack as she was raised to kill him. Similar to how he was trained from childhood to defeat Aku.
- As a child Ashi showed a genuine interest in the world outside of the temple she and her sisters were kept in for their entire lives.
- Ashi is the only one of the "Daughters of Aku" who has been named so far.
- Ashi has a similar hairstyle to Princess Ilana from Sym-Bionic Titan, another show created by Genndy Tartakovsky. The notable exception is that she has one bang instead of three.