Cronus was a Titan who made his first and only appearance in Episode XXXIV: Jack and the Swamp Monster.
Eons ago, before even Aku, the cosmos was ruled by the Titans and their ruler, Cronus. Cronus was the most powerful Titan and the controller of time. During his reign, Cronus crafted the Gems of Cronus, which gave him power over reality itself. But Cronus went mad due to his arrogance and paranoia, which made him devour all of his children as soon as they were born so that none of them could overthrow him. Inn the end, Cronus was stopped by his son, Zeus, and stripped of the gems, which were then cast down to Earth.
Cronus was later revived by Aku after he had tricked Jack into collecting the Gems of Cronus. In his new form, Cronus lacked a face and seemed to be obedient to the one who revived him, as he immediately heeded Aku's order to destroy Jack. However, Jack was aware of the deception all along and quickly snatched the Eye of Cronus, which later caused Cronus' body to dissolve.
Cronus was the ruler of the Titans and the Lord of human time (i.e. days, months, years, etc.). Cronus had bright blue skin, a white beard and mustache, black eyes with red irises, a golden helmet, and always wore a brooding expression.
Powers and Equipment
- Reality Warping: Cronus could bend time and space to his whim, which gave him the ability to nearly do anything that he desired.
- Immortality: Cronus was ageless and eternal as expected from a divine being.
- Time Manipulation: Though never truly touched on, Cronus had the ability to manipulate time, which enabled him to go forward or backward in time.
- Cronus, or Kronos, the father of Zeus and the Olympian deities, was not the same as Chronos, the Greek personification of time.
- In the Original Mythology, Cronus was the Titan of Harvest.
- He is the oldest character to ever appear in the series due to predating the other gods and even the Black Mass, though he never fully appears outside of a flashback.