Moderators are a member of staff of the Samurai Jack Wiki. They are divided to 3 different kinds of moderators.
Discussions Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions. These tools are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderating chat
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
- Moderating the Discussions feature, if enabled.
- Having this status causes "DISCUSSIONS MODERATOR" to appear next to the username on the user's userpage, unless changed on MediaWiki:User-identity-box-group-threadmoderator.
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the community. These tools are:
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Reupload files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
- Patrol pages if the community has the RecentChanges patrol feature enabled
- Having this status causes "CONTENT MODERATOR" to appear next to the username on the user's userpage, unless changed on MediaWiki:User-identity-box-group-content-moderator.
Chat moderators are users who have chat moderator status in chat to moderate a community's chat room. They can block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin unbans them from the users' contributions page, or if the ban expires.
Having this status causes "CHAT MODERATOR" to appear next to the username on the user's userpage.