|“||Samurai Jack! Man, it is good to see you babe. What took you so long? I decimated this village days ago, just for you. Oh wait, this is you, right? I mean who could recognize you with all that gear, and ruggedness, baby? I'll tell you who: Me! Be-bee-ba-boo-bo-da... Scaramoush the Merciless! The Pied-Piper of Ruination, the Croner of Carnage, the Ambassador of Annihilation, the Eradicator of All, baby! Also known as... Aku's most favorite assassin, babe.||”|
—Scaramoush, Episode XCII
Scaramouche the Merciless is an android who claims to be Aku's top assassin.
His appearance is similar to X9, but with blue eyes instead of red, a longer neck and a larger functional mouth with teeth and a tongue. He wears a black straw hat, yellow scarf, red high-heel boots, a long purple coat with red interior and a large black belt.
Unlike other robots sent to kill Jack, Scaramouche is very boastful and talkative. Upon noticing that Jack was without his sword, he proceeded to mock him for it, to the point of calling Aku to boast that Jack had lost the weapon. He has a tendency to call anyone he meets as babe or baby, even his boss Aku. He is also extremely arrogant since he self-proclaims himself as Aku's favorite assassin, and it is unknown if Aku himself considers him such.
His arrogance is also his downfall since he lets his guard down long enough for Jack to use his knife, which was imbued by Scaramounche's own magnetic force from his own knife, against him and cripple his neck (the source of his ability) as well as heavily injure him.
In the face of death, he praises Jack's fighting skill, likely a weak attempt to talk his way out of his fate, before Jack chops him in half with his own sword.
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Speed and Agility: Scaramouche is remarkably agile. He was able to leap tall structures in a single bound, quickly dodge Jack's attacks, and massacred an entire village in only a day.
- Musical Manipulation: Using a "magic" flute, Scaramouche can levitate objects and create golems to fight opponents. When the flute is destroyed, he can continue to levitate objects by scatting, indicating this power comes from his voice and the flute merely amplifies his ability, since he can only control his sword through his voice.
- Swordsmanship: Scaramouche is a master sword fighter, easily holding his own against even the experienced Jack, and carries multiple blades on his person, including a heavy scimitar and a special "tuning sword" that destroys objects on contact.
- Multilinguist: Scaramouche appears to understand French, as he taunts Jack with au revoir which is goodbye in the language. However, he sarcastically remarks it's French for "you're dead, babe."
- Scaramouche has a few similarities to Marvel Comics' Deadpool in the fact that he talks non-stop and is an amazing assassin.